Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 34: Simply Scrumptious Salad Dressings

This afternoon, I came back from a trainer session, and I was hungry for a quick fix that would keep me going until dinner. And for those of you like me out there with digestive problems (you're not alone, trust me), eating more salads can help out a lot. However, many people who think salad is boring, first of all, come to New York, where there are a ton of cafes that allow you to make your own salad in the city. But if you can't make it to the Big Apple, eat an apple instead (loaded with fiber), OR make your salad more tantalizing with a tasty but HEALTHY dressing. Most salad dressing out there in the stores or even restaurants are pretty caloric and negate the purpose of eating a salad in the first place! SO, let's try one that's sugar-free and fat-free and dairy-free. I know that seems pretty limiting, but there are tons of possibilities out there! Along with the recipe I'm posting for the dressing I made this afternoon, I'll post a dairy-free, creamy ranch dressing! Whisk these babies together for  tasty salad toppers that will hopefully motivate you to eat more greens!

Sweet and Tangy Lime Vinagrette
Makes 1 serving


1 tbsp EVOO (olive oil)
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
1 packet of stevia or Splenda
1 tsp whole grain mustard

Vegan Ranch Dressing
Makes 1 serving


1 1/2 tbsp tofutti sour cream
2 tsp EVOO (olive oil)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp dried chives
1/8 tsp dried dill
1/8 tsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
pinch salt

No comments:

Post a Comment